Monday, November 05, 2007

Cart Before the Horse

Well, I just realized that you have no idea what I am talking about. I have been so caught up in the drama with The Cocoa Tree that I haven't had much time to stop and relish the event that is just 3 days away. (very short days)

I am good at putting the cart before the horse, in fact I think it is the only way that I know how to travel. I would switch it around if I knew how. I have lived my whole life ahead of myself.

So, that is why I told you about the CBS Early Show before I told you about the NYC Chocolate Show. And that is also why I submitted my name to the organizers of the show this year. I wanted to be included in the VIP high fashion runway event that kicks off the chocolate show every year. The only problem was, I have never made a dress out of chocolate before...

I still haven't actually - which is the scary part. I have made it over and over in my mind, but with a small business that is seeping with drama, a book to write and 4 children, there isn't much time for practice.

Not that we haven't been working on it for 3 weeks. We have created all the pieces for it and we have practiced all the techniques that we will be using, but the dress has not been assembled completely yet. The reason? We have to get it to NYC without incident. So, that is why we made the decision to assemble it when we get there.

I am so excited, and quite terrified, to be involved with this event. It is a dream come true and I can't believe I am actually going to walk down that runway with my daughter (who designed the dress) and a high fashion model who will be wearing my chocolate dress in Manhattan at the 10th annual Chocolate Show. Amazing.

Here's to the American dream!

No comments: