Thursday, August 18, 2005

So much to say, so little time

I guess I have to admit that I am a perfectionist. I don't ever post because I am waiting for the perfect time or the perfect subject or the perfect place to start. I don't know where to start. I have so much to say and so little time. :)

I think the point of blogging is that it is kind of a random thoughts, daily journal thing. So, maybe I should start with today. You think!!

I live in a loft above my chocolate shop in historic downtown Franklin. My four children are all in bed and I am sitting at the window looking out onto Main St. I wonder how I got here. I used to be down there on the sidewalk looking up into this window thinking about what it would be like to live here. I thought I knew. I wasn't close.

I thought I would be a different person. I thought fairytales were magical. It is funny how other people see the magic, but I don't. Sometimes I catch a glimmer. I walked by the truffle case yesterday as a stranger stood there ordering several truffles. As he rattled off the names of the truffles, the names that I gave them in what seems like another lifetime, I saw a glimmer. It filled me up.

I wonder - is it impossible to see in when you are on the inside looking out?

No comments: