Sunday, January 06, 2008

Food Network Challenge

Keegan Gerhard, the host of Food Network Challenge was at the NYC Chocolate Show.  He was very impressed with the chocolate dress and because of that, he passed my name on to the Food Network Challenge people. 

I was asked to compete on the Chocolate Landmark show and given only one day to make up my mind!  Why does this happen to me!!??  I guess because I am crazy enough.  :)

Within 3 weeks of saying "yes", Brandon and I were on a flight to Denver, CO to build a chocolate Statue of Liberty in 8 hours, in front of a live audience and at times 5 cameras.  It was exhilarating, challenging, entertaining and most of all NERVE RACKING!  (and I would do it again in a heartbeat! - in fact they have already asked if I would be willing to compete again...)

Here she is in all her glory...you have to watch to find out if we won the $10,000 prize.  :)  She is 100% chocolate.  Can you believe it?!




7 comments:

Unknown said...

Bethany! I haven't visited your blog since last semester (I'm still on school time:) and I am floored! I am so proud of you and the amazing things you've done recently. It was awesome to see your chocolate dress and Jessie Lyric walking the runway right next to it! Wow- Congrats and I love you and miss you all.

-Rebecca

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh how exciting! I just finished watching the Food Network Chocolate Challenge (Feb. 9) and Googled the competition; that's how I came across your blog. I'm going to definitely be watching for you!

Roadchick said...

I'm watching it right now . . . you go girl!

elizebeth said...

Wow! I get to say I knew you when... Keep up the amazing work!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Bethany, I just linked to you in my post. When is this show airing? I know a lot of people will find this fascinating.

PJ said...

I just surfed across the blogosphere from Linda's at 2nd-cup-of-coffee. I spotted part of the Challenge last week. The Statue of Liberty is gorgeous. Will someone actually eat her????

~*amanda*~ said...

i just watched this competition (it's one of my fave shows!)...but i got up to switch the laundry and missed seeing your final product!!!...so i searched online and ran across your blog! i was so impressed by your work! what a great job you guys did!!

amanda:)