Sunday, January 20, 2008

Go Ask Your Mother!

So, tonight my 11 year old daughter says to me, "Mom, do you know the F word"?  I am thinking to myself, "Wow, maybe she is a little sheltered...go me!"  :)  Then I realize that she is fishing for some "girl talk" with her mom.  So, I told her that I indeed know the F word.  

She asked me when I first heard it, so I had to tell her the story.  (When I said "the word" out loud she about fell out of her chair.  I kinda like throwing her a curve ball every so often...keeps her guessing.)  The story goes like this.  

When I was in kindergarten I saw the letters F U C K written in chalk on the sidewalk outside my house.  I stood there for several minutes trying to pronounce it, saying it out loud over and over...at first very slowly.  FFFFF UUUU CK   FFFUUUCK  FFUUCK  F*%K?  I thought, "what a silly sounding word, what could it possibly mean"?  Then, I thought what every sweet little 5 year old girl should, "I should ask my dad."  So I marched into the house and walked right up to my dad and said, "Dad, what does f*%k mean"?

Well, you would have to know my very reserved father to realize just how funny this moment was.  He looked at me with the best deer-in-the-headlights eyes that I have ever seen, turned around, shut his bedroom door and then through the door I heard him say, "Go ask your mother."

You would have to know my mother to know why I didn't go ask her...

3 comments:

CreativeDayCafe said...

That is SO hilarious. I truly wish I had known your father. (But, at least I get the extra giggle for knowing your mother!) Too funny.

go to www.chadjarnagin.com said...

wow. that is funny.

btw- your chocolate is F@*&^@!! brilliant. :)

Peace
C

elizebeth said...

Very funny! I remember the deer-in-the-headlights look from your dad. As a matter of fact he spent a lot of time in the bedroom when I came over.