Sunday, February 17, 2008

This is the life...

I went to my husband last night feeling like a time bomb just seconds from detonating. I have been sick for a week, taking care of sick kids, trying to keep the house straight, trying to keep the chocolate going for Valentine's Day, managing the artistic details of the photo shoot for my upcoming book, dealing with the fall out of the closing of The Cocoa Tree and not doing a very good job of any of it!

I said to him, "I don't want this to sound like I am frustrated at you, because I'm not, I'm just frustrated in general - I have 8 chapters due by Monday and I don't have the first clue how I am going to make that happen." Even though, at first, he did feel like I was coming down on his performance as a husband/father - which is one of our tough issues - we did get past that part rather quickly...probably due to the fist full of hair that I was about to pull out of my head.

Anyway, long story short - he booked me a room at the Marriott and told me to get lost. (in a nice way) So, here I am! No phone, no hungry kids, no fussing, no screaming, biting, coughing, sneezing, "mommy, mommy, mommy", no - none of that. I am sitting here in the peace and quiet with my feet propped up and a cup of coffee beside me just type, type, typing away.

Don't hate me...just be happy...someday you will get your turn! :)

Happy writing!!!!!! (thank you, Jesse - you're the best)

1 comment:

JT said...

You're welcome. :)