Thursday, May 08, 2008

Making Money - through the eyes of a 5 year old.

(It isn't that Journey and Jessie Lyric aren't amazing in their own right, it is just that I am with Story and Bridge ALL the time, so I catch them saying cute things more often. I guess it is about age as well.)

This morning I told Bridge to go upstairs and get dressed. He came down about 15 minutes later with his button down shirt and dress jacket on (no pants) that he wore Easter Sunday.

He came over to me, "kissed me goodbye," and said he was going to work. I, then, sat down to watch cartoons with Story. After about 45 minutes, I realized that I had not heard from him. So, I went in the kitchen to Bridge and Story's little craft area to see what he was up to.

He had scissors in his hand, a black marker on the floor, and shards of green paper everywhere. Stacked up next to him in a neat pile was 20 or so various sized rectangles that he had cut from green construction paper.

As I got closer, I saw that he had written the number five on one end, a big circle in the middle, and another number five on the other end of his green rectangles, which I now realized were "money."

I asked him what he was doing, and he looked up at me with his wide, charmed smile and said, "I'm at work making money, like dad." Then he spread out all of his money in front of me and said, "we have to go buy toys and cars now."

So, now I know what Bridge thinks his dad does at work all day, scissors and all. . . don't we wish it was really that easy to make money!!

No comments: