Saturday, January 03, 2009

What I [need] To Do

Dividing my time between family and business is a challenge that is unlike any challenge I have had before. I love my family and believe that I really do know the treasure that they are, but at the same time, I find that I recharge my energy at work - not at home.

The result is that I [feel] the need to "get away" to The Cocoa Tree when I am with my family and that feeling is a little disturbing to me. I want to be satisfied with the company of my family. I don't want to wish away my time with them, knowing that it will go all to quickly - and already is for that matter.

So, the challenge is mental - reminding myself almost constantly that I want and [need] my time at home in order to be a complete person. Otherwise, I would be wrongly miserable with the assumption that I can only be happy doing the thing that I [want] to do.

I believe the struggle is probably a good thing. It keeps me balanced. If I didn't care, I would end up doing what I wanted all the time which is really not the thing that I need.

So I guess for now I will continue to do what I need to do in order to enjoy the things that I want to do, knowing that even when it doesn't [feel] right, it [is] what is right - for me and for my precious family.

No comments: