Thursday, June 01, 2006

Goodbye Main Street


343 Main St. is empty tonight, except for a few things scattered here and there. The reality of it hasn't hit me yet. I went in today so I could begin to let myself get my head around the fact that we won't be in that building anymore. It isn't possible. It is like looking at the NYC skyline and seeing the Twin Towers still standing.

I actually haven't even let myself "go there" emotionally. I am afraid I would cry for days, and then I would have days of work to catch up on - crying is over rated anyway.

Love, laughter and conspicuous consumption isn't just our catch phrase under our logo, it is what living in that building was about. We loved. We laughed. We consumed life conspicuously. We cried. We yelled. We sang. We prayed. We relished our time with each other. We experiencied God's grace and provision in such tremendous ways.

That building kicked my butt everyday, but I fought back with all I had. We all did. In the end the building won. We loved it and it didn't love us back. That's life. We'll move on, but we will never forget the time there, we will never forget the experience and most certainly we will never forget being the family who loved living above a little chocolate shop on Main St. called The Cocoa Tree.

No comments: