Thursday, June 08, 2006

Just Shoot Me, Please

Okay. I am sitting here this morning with the aftermath of last night lingering in my emotions (our garage is filled with all the mold infested items that we have to sort through and figure out how to clean) and I make a decision that I need to let my brain rest from the events of The Cocoa Tree and just focus on my family for the next several days. After all, all the drama is behind us, right?? - OH BUT WAIT. The phone rings and Always-An-Emergency-Juanita is on the other end of the phone informing me that the electricity had just been shut off at the new building.

You would think that with all we have lived through, I would be able to take something silly like "no electricity" pretty well...but that isn't what happened. I just about lost my mind. I had braced myself for Satan himself pulling me by the hair through poisonous slime in that other building. Anything could have happened and I would have been pretty OK, but last night after we closed and locked that door for the last time I felt like I had finally reached the finish line - you know - after the 26 mile marathon (RACH you totally rock my world!!) You know how you get to a point where you finally feel like you can exhale, not afraid to let yourself feel again and then like a freight train - BAM one more thing sneaks through under the crack. All of a sudden I couldn't take one more thing. The line had been crossed, that was it - NO MORE STRESS!!

Sometimes I feel like I can't take anymore...will someone please just put me out of my misery! Okay, well - I guess I would miss my kids too much, so don't do that. maybe just talk me out of the tree. . .The Cocoa Tree, that is. ;)

No comments: