Monday, March 24, 2008

I'm a Great Colorer

So, I'm sitting on the floor with Story, coloring in her princess activity book. When I hear my brain tell myself, "you are a really great colorer." I sat there admiring my work and my *choice of color* and actually felt very proud of myself for about 3 seconds.

Then, I think to myself, how low does your self esteem have to be for you to stoop to giving yourself random complements over skills that you mastered in kindergarten! How hungry for acknowledgment do you have to be for your self to have to tell your self that you build really straight towers out of alphabet blocks.

I know you moms know what I am talking about, right?! Well, keep the pep talks going - and hey, if you ever need to hear anyone tell you what a great colorer you are - just let me know! :)

In fact, mail me your best picture. I will post my favorite right here on my blog AND hang it on my refrigerator. Yes - I'm serious! We might as well have a little fun around here!!

My address: 602 Watermark Way Franklin, TN 37064
Must be postmarked by April 2nd. (cause if I said April 1st, you would all think I was joking)

2 comments:

Karthi said...

Hey Bethany, could it be that the voice you heard was that of your Kindergarten teacher? Your memory probably stored her encouraging words (or your mom's maybe? or the Father's?) in a file about coloring... You're so creative and you do such a good job coloring outside the lines.

Let those tapes play. You do color very well and you do a beautiful job using words too. Be encouraged.

Bethany said...

I have not thought of it that way, Karthi! You are probably right. LOL

Thank you for the enouragement. :) You are so dear.