Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What a Wonderful World

We were sitting at Arby's tonight, me, Jesse and the kids, when we hear What a Wonderful World play over the speakers. Of course, I had a flood of memories wash over me as my mind's eye replayed every picture of The Cocoa Tree photo montage that I created to that song - and my heart replayed every feeling. (see montage further down on blog)

Just as I start to feel a little sad, I notice Story. She is sitting in the little wooden restaurant high chair with her eyes closed, her brow furrowed and her eyebrows emoting - interpreting the music through the movement of her arms, hands and swaying head. Her arms were stretched out, up and then down, across and over . . . she was dancing in her own way, in her own world and we are all fortunate enough to be part of it.

What a wonderful world.

No comments: